Creativity at a Glance

Sunday 16 March 2008

Lily of the Valley


Pink Lily, one of my favourite flowers to work with. These flowering garden plants normally grow from bulbs and there are more than 100 species in the lily family. The colours and shapes of the lily are vibrant and elegant. In selecting lily, I usually trust my flower senses and instincts, reasons being that you can't really tell how they will bloom when they are still in buds. This picture shows one of the best I have ever selected. Nonetheless, all flowers are beautiful. Perhaps some species are just slightly better looking than others. However, I don't think flowers ever think like that. Do they?
I will be using pink lily for the week but I have not really thought of it yet. So for the time being, I will put the flowers in a vase. Well, putting flowers in a vase can be a good practice for creativity. I try not to cut the flowers too short as I might need the height later on. I need to make sure that the directions of the flowers synchronise well and they don't spread disorderly. I will not be using other special leaves but to rely on the fabulous leaves of the lily for the green. The other flowers I have selected include green orchids. That will also add on to the green. The showy pink of the lily will give the arrangement strength of character.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very very nice arrangement...
Love it...
Really appreciate great works of art and this is one of them =)
Pls dun stop... Let your creativity bloosom...

=)

Reflection through Ikebana

Participation - Ikebana Exhibitions & Events